To add on to the good things in my life, I've just received permission from my mom to go for the Hyogo summer session! :D Hehe which means that come end-August, I'll be flying to Ho Chi Minh to board the ship the Japanese students from Hyogo Prefecture are on, and travel around with them for three days before alighting at Singapore. For them it's a floating school, and while we have to attend classes with them and take part in their activities, to me it's more about the fun! And my mom doesn't mind me going a day early to explore Ho Chi Minh city,
even though it means I'll have to miss an extra day of school! (Edit: I realised it's a weekend, even better! I can go TWO days earlier without missing extra lessons!) That sounds like an awesome idea, I don't want to fly to Ho Chi Minh and board a ship headed for Singapore immediately. Since I'll be going all the way there, I'd want to take in the sights a little, even if that means spending a bit of extra money. In any case, I'm going on a mini-cruise for the first time in my life, so that makes me h a p p y. :D
In addition, I've already warned my mom of the possibility of me having to delay graduation by a semester because I may not have enough Economics modules which I can take next semester. Surprisingly she didn't seem too upset about it, saying that if it can't be helped, it can't be helped. And I'm already doing all I can to try to avoid that. So... That's another load off my mind. In fact, my mom told me to look forward to my upcoming homestay, and basically enjoy the rest of my time here, because when I get back I'll be busy and stressed with school stuff to have much play time. At the same time, those factors will mean I'll drop the extra weight I put on. Hahah, I think my mom's funny.
You know how some people are really friendly and generous? Someone went out of her way to chat with me earlier on and said that if I were to go to Hong Kong again I should tell her and she'll host me better and bring me around. On top of that, she said that when I go back I'll be invited to taste her cooking, and she'll even teach me how to cook! When people do such things without any ulterior motives and offer their time and energy and good intentions, it's so sweet. Especially when I can hardly say we're good friends! But I guess I'd better put more effort into getting to know her better. :)
Somehow today's just an affirmation of how happy I am with my life!