Random 1:
I cannot stress enough how erratic the weather is. It is rainy today, and instead of being accompanied by a balmy wind, we have chilly wind today. Temperatures are below 20 degC, closer to 15 degC in fact. Considering that it is summer now, and Singapore is supposedly summer-like all year round, why is it that we never get such temperatures? Although that's not to say that erraticism is good.
Random 2:
I haven't spent a single yen in the past few days, can you believe it? I walk to class, and I walk straight back. No detours, no food whatsoever. I skip meals, or when the hunger pangs don't just cause growls but reveal claws and scratch my stomach lining, I rummage around my shelf and forage for food. On the rare occasion, I am gifted with free food (thanks for the eggs!) and that settles one meal.
Random 3:
So as I sit in my room with my stomach filled by complimentary eggs on a cold day, I contemplate how I am hedged in on all sides by administrative red tape. Everywhere I look, there's a bold sign screaming, "NO ENTRY". My troubles with module mapping, credit transferring, level 4000 modules pre-requisites, clearing all my requirements in one academic year and maintaining my CAP (all in the same breath, no less!) seem neverending. I'm tired of feeling this engulfing worry, and to a certain extent despair, whenever I go to CORS or some other relevant site to try to sort things out, or at least make heads or tails of the situation I'm in. I wonder if I should just give up the fight, admit defeat and go for an extra semester/special term. That option would naturally mean I need to tell my parents my graduation will be delayed, and my school fees will increase. If I choose that option, the least I can do is pay for that extra term on my own. But I'd never really envisioned using my leftover SEP money to pay for additional term which I don't even want to go for in the first place.
Random 4:
Japlish still never fails to crack me up. It is very obvious to me that when it comes to spelling, Japanese people tend to have troubles differentiating their Rs and Ls. Here's another example that I got off our return questionnaire: