these shoes aren't made for walking
Thursday, 15 May 2008
I want to go to Shiretoko National Park in Hokkaido!

Then go to the hot Kimuiwakka Falls for onsen!

And go to Rebun Island as well!

The wanderlust is kicking in again. I was just surfing around for possible places to go to when I came across the above-mentioned places, and I really, really want to go! But when I did some simple calculations, I think that I don't have enough time to go, given my current engagements such as going to Mt Fuji and attending the farewell party. It's such a pity, really, because the cost of going in the future is going to be much higher - firstly the ticket from Singapore to Japan isn't exactly cheap, then I'll need to change to a domestic flight.
Sad. As an alternative, maybe I can find someplace nearer Tokyo so that travel's made easier (and hopefully cheaper) and I won't feel that it's a pity if it's a shorter trip. Maybe somewhere in Chubu... Izu? Kamikochi? Kiso Valley? Shirakawa? Near Fuji Five Lakes is Fuji-Q Highlands, but now I'm really wondering when I'll get to go, and with who. I'd prefer a weekday during the non-holiday period since that's when the queues will be the shortest, but who's free all day on my free day? As far as I know, nobody.
Sigh. It's quite hard to do what I want, and what I want is to go places with company! I guess the next best thing is for me to take off for day trips on my own every Wednesday henceforth. To self: Get out of Takadanobaba, girl!!!
Labels: Japan, travel
- supergirl soul-saved @ 4:24 pm :)