Camera deals in Japan are so strange to me. For the price on the tag, you get the camera, battery, and USB cable. When I heard it, I was thinking, "That's all?! We don't even get a memory card?!" In Singapore, apart from those listed apart, it is rather commonplace to get a memory card or two (at least 1GB to boot!), a camera case, and a tripod. Lucky me got a screen protector thrown in as well when I bought my camera last year. Even though places like Bic Camera have a point card system where you get points (ie money) equivalent to 10% (or 15%, as is the current promotion) of the price of the item you're buying, and you can use those to redeem for other things like the memory card, I still think Singapore has a better deal. Which made camera shopping more fun (and more troublesome) because I had to go around to many different shops to compare the prices and freebies. In fact, even the same shop such as Harley Norman can have different deals in its different branches, so that was pretty cool. When I come across such differences where Singapore comes out tops, I feel like shaking my head and asking in true-blue Singaporean fashion, "Aiyo, why like that...?" Labels: Japan
The wind was crazy today, both mine and my friend's umbrellas broke! If they have such strong winds in Japan, they should manufacture sturdier umbrellas! >.< It was fun going out anyway, at least it was something better than sitting in my room twiddling my thumbs. And the two issues which were bothering me the past two days have been resolved, thank goodness. Heavy hearts are the worst, seriously!
p.s. Guess what? In the event of future loneliness, I now have a small bottle of Kahlua sitting on my shelf, yay! It even has a "K" sticker stuck on it (not my doing, I swear), so it's almost like it's meant for me. Or so I tell myself anyway. =p