Who makes a good travelling companion? To me, it's someone who: Labels: friends, holiday, musings
1) knows when to keep quiet when I'm tired and not in the mood to talk/listen
2) makes the most of bad situations, like poor weather, or untimely transport services...
3) is game to take stupid pictures with me and do stupid stuff
4) is generous with smiles and humour
5) isn't too stingy and counting pennies all the time
6) is not a fussy/picky eater
7) knows me and my habits well, and is accommodating to them
8) tries to make the simplest things fun
9) is handy with a map and finding his/her way around
I can't really think of more at the moment, but I generally think that my good friends make good travelling companions. We're good friends for a reason! Somehow, for good friends, we just don't get sick of them even if we meet every day. Not everybody gets along so well, so I'm glad I have such people in my life.
Am I a good travelling companion? I'm not too sure, but I've been told that I'm fun to go out with because I don't mind eating/trying all sorts of food, and I do more than sling an arm around someone's shoulder or do the peace sign when I'm before a camera. I seem to get wackier over time. Then again, I suppose there's a limit. Too wacky = horrible companion!
And I'm rambling... so I shall end off here. :) Till next time!