By a stroke of good luck (from my POV anyway), the opportunity to go to Hakone with my darling fell straight into my lap! Even though I've never been much good at catching, I'm holding on tight this time! So now we have roughly a week to spend together, which is freaking awesome! The winter holidays are looking better and better. And what do you know, Saturday is just two days away! I should start planning what kind of stupid things I can do with/in snow! :D
Friends are the sweetest. Probably from a few days ago I start mentioning that I've a yen for oden, and for daicon, and that maybe I should learn how to make it.. When I came home from class this evening, what did I see? Yoon Jeong and Soo Yon in the kitchen heating up oden! It's just like when I received the mail from my teacher, 感動した!An extremely pleasant surprise. Because I didn't expect any mails I came straight back from class without checking my mail, so I read Yoon Jeong's mail in front of her. I think maybe she was a little worried that I wouldn't be coming back to Hoshien for dinner, since she mailed me twice and I didn't reply.
Three months. Is that a long enough time for me to have built the foundations of some solid friendships? From the past few days, with people bringing me medicine, checking in on me, sending their regards, offering their help... It made me wonder, how did I get so lucky? Somehow or other I've managed to carve a place for myself in Japan, I care for people, and it seems that they care for me too. [ Of course, this isn't a comparison between my friendships forged in Singapore and those forged here. I'm simply glad to have some support here when everyone else I know is far away, you know? ]
Contrary to my earlier insistence, Hoshien is becoming more and more like a home to me.