We find understanding in the most unexpected moments.
Lissa and I were talking after class, and because she was very straightforward in asking questions and waiting for answers, I ended up telling her quite some things. There are times when I think that getting responses from me is like pulling teeth; I just won't budge. It's largely because I feel stupid voicing my thoughts/feelings, and there's a part of me that fears criticism, that people will think badly of me just because I think/feel a certain way which they don't agree with. Sure, I know that a person who doesn't try to empathise or understand or accept such differences probably wouldn't be much of a friend, but I see no point in opening myself to ridicule.
... I digressed. Anyhow, I was rather surprised when she understood exactly what's going through my mind, and it couldn't have been faked because she said exactly what I thought. 感動しました。No disparaging remarks, no nothing. When you find understanding, taking someone into your confidence isn't that much of a dread.
It's true, I don't want there to be anything to taint my memories of Japan, such that I'll not want to review my memories when I'm back in Singapore, because I don't want to be reminded of anything bad. Such regrets, I will avoid.
Even if my best friends from Singapore can't be around most of the time, I'm so glad I'm not all alone here.