About

Ramblings. Rantings. Ravings.

The Lady

22-year-old supergirl

Desires

freedom
courage
patience

Your Say


Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Entertainment

. postsecret
. icanhascheezburger
. xiaxue
. papergirlsshop
. crunchyroll

Recent Entries

> Yay! After practically growing to my bed yesterday...
> make it go away.
> sleepless in tokyo
> 常識は必要よ
> purikura is fun
> airmail!
> in this wide world...
> foo can cook, so can you!
> 親友
> welcome to my life

Lost Memories

> April 2007
> May 2007
> June 2007
> July 2007
> August 2007
> September 2007
> October 2007
> November 2007
> December 2007
> January 2008
> February 2008
> March 2008
> April 2008
> May 2008
> June 2008
> July 2008
> August 2008
> September 2008
> October 2008
> November 2008
> December 2008
> January 2009
> February 2009
> March 2009
> April 2009
> May 2009
> June 2009
> July 2009
> August 2009
> September 2009
> October 2009
> December 2009
> February 2010
> April 2010
> June 2010
> September 2010
> October 2010
> November 2010
> December 2010
> January 2011

Thanks To

Designer: blueskyx* LG*
Edit: Adobe Photoshop CS2*
Fonts: Dafont*
Brushes: x
Image: o
Host: Blogger* Photobucket*
Thanks: Blogskins*

out of bed and onto the streets!
Wednesday, 19 December 2007

Guess where yours truly went to?

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

ASAKUSA! (like, finally...)


evidence that i was there! :D
(looking none the worse for wear after the sickness, no?)

Frankly speaking, after we left the dorm and were on our way to the station, I didn't feel all too good and I was a little worried the stomach unsettledness would last throughout the trip. Fortunately, once I saw the big red lantern, I perked up immediately, and it was bye bye queasiness! For some strange reason I was just really happy to be there.



We started our trip by warming our bellies with sweet sake. It is so good, I tell you! I absolutely loved loved loved it. It tasted more sweet than sake-like, which was probably why I liked it so much.



All the things hanging above us was really pretty too, I felt that they made the place seem more festive, and everything should be made a big hoo-ha of. Maybe it was the general bustling going out that made Asakusa seem so appealing. Busy, without being overly crowded.

Then this is funny:


"hello? anybody there?" *listens for response*



huge slipper and... stupid pose?


kaori and yoonjeong in asakusa!

Uh huh, this is the kind soul who brought this poor soul to Asakusa after she missed the Japanese class trip yesterday. She probably took pity on me or something and offered to go again, hahaha. Thank you anyway!


the myriad knick knacks that were on sale...


look at my skinny and white hands! =x

Actually there's this fountain thingy to wash your hands and mouth outside many temples/shrines (yikes, I've yet to learn to tell the difference), but I don't remember actually doing it. So for once, I decided to, and man, did my hands freeze after the washing session! Note to self: not a good idea to wash hands outdoors in temperatures of less than 10 degrees celsius when you don't have gloves or anything to wipe your hands with.


where's kaori?

Actually if it weren't for this badminton-like festival thing going on yesterday and today, I think there really isn't very much to see as Asakusa. At least, not enough for the trip to last for more than an hour maybe? So I'm glad I went today and saw how all the "badminton" rackets were so gaily decorated. You could never play anything with rackets as decorated as those we saw!

You know how in primary school when we wrote our English essays, our teacher taught us one way of ending, which is to round back to the beginning? That's what we did for our trip today too.


eating...


and eating...

So yeah, I had fun! And it was really sweet that my Japanese teacher mailed me yesterday to ask how I was, and there was another mail earlier on to ask how my trip to Asakusa was, and if I didn't catch a cold because it was chilly! Kind teacher, I haven't met very many like her. No worries, 元気です!Fighting! :D

Labels: ,

- supergirl soul-saved @ 2:31 pm :)