Hooray! I just did my laundry for the first time ever! It's actually quite idiot proof here at my dorm; You just have to dump in your clothes, measure an appropriate amount of detergent, put in the money, and it starts automatically. ;p So I tried my best to hang up my clothes such that they'll have minimum wrinkles, and hopefully tomorrow they'll be ready for folding! My freshly laundered clothes smell goooood. :D
Just my luck, my aircon broke down. So I have a little fan that the dorm desk loaned me to keep the circulation going. Anyway, at our course registration session today, this Pakistani guy I sort of know was sitting beside me, I was minding my own business, and this is what he said out of the blue:
Him: You're boring
Me: *baffled* Huh? I'm boring?
Him: Yeah, you're boring. I mean, I don't know if you're usually like that, but you're boring me. You're not talking much.
Me: o.O ---> -.-'' ---> uhh okay...
I didn't know whether to laugh or scream. Maybe I wasn't talking much because I didn't want to talk to him? I've never met such a frank person before in my life, and part of me thinks that we don't necessarily need such a degree of frankness. How insulting. -.- If that's not annoying enough, I get this feeling that this guy is out to make use of me. We're both economics majors, and because of that, he wanted my hp number and email address. I was placed in the mid-intermediate-to-lower-advanced Japanese class (level 4) while he was in level 1, and he was saying he'll get to my level, to which I agreed, saying "Yeah, eventually..." Then he continued that I can be the one who helps him to improve, since I'm the only Asian-Japanese he knows who speaks good English and understands Japanese. Which is quite errrr because so many Asians here speak good English and Japanese but he makes it sound like I'm one of the few. And I thought how it usually works is that person A will offer to help person B, not that person B implies that person A should help person B. It seems strange. Or maybe I was just a little irked by his attitude and behaviour. Who likes being made use of, especially when the person can hardly be considered a friend?
Ah wells, it seems that the Koreans here have become my better friends, and we're going to go drinking together sometime soon. And check out the karaoke. And go shopping. And I shall convince them to go to an amusement park, or ride the ferris wheel, or something. It's only a few more days before we start lessons. Unluckily enough, the Pakistani guy and I are taking two common modules. Maybe he'll leave me alone because I bore him. Hahaha.
p.s. Autumn, where have you gone? The day was hot! I want natural aircon!