I surprised others as well as myself by popping awake before 8.30am, and it just occurred to me that for the first time in ages, I'll actually have breakfast, lunch and dinner! One thing good about getting an early start is that I've already zapped out emails left and right regarding SEP. I feel a little guilty hounding the arts SEP administrator with all the questions that pop to mind at different points in time, because I'm sure it can get pretty annoying. Oops. Labels: friends
My friend made a point about how distant 'friends' (neither a good friend nor an acquaintance) who had drifted on the periphery of his life suddenly popped out to message him or ask him out for a meal when they heard he's going overseas for exchange, and he'd rather they didn't.
He says:
coz we're like out of each other's lives anyway
most of the time
when they contact me
it makes me think back... we could have been better friends
I wonder if it's a natural response to say "hey, let's meet up before you fly", when meeting up may actually be somewhat awkward? I suspect it's partly because humans are social creatures, and we feel the need to reach out. But I kinda agree with him, I'd rather spend time individually meeting up with some good friends instead of meeting groups of people who only matter on a superficial level. Given that time is limited, meeting so many 'peripheral friends' actually takes time away from those who matter, and that sucks. These two weeks will probably be more packed than the past two. And I'm waiting to see the monkeys, sarah! ;p