
Then I took a bus for the first time yesterday, and went to Shinjuku with my friends! Walking along the streets with the brightly-lit neon signboards was like something out of a movie, and also somewhat reminded me of Hong Kong. Sometimes it's a little hard to believe that I'm really here in Japan, and what looks like a scene from Tokyo Drift is actually right before my very eyes. This surreality is rather... odd. But happy I am, being here!

somewhere along Shinjuku
Had my next sushi meal from a conveyor belt. Each plate was going for either 105yen or 205yen, and it's actually cheaper than in Singapore although the sashimi here is so much fresher, and there's a greater variety!
yoon jeong and rachel at our dinner place
Guess what I saw!!! This:

It immediately reminded me of the 'LOVE' outside the Fish&Co at Park Mall, and I just had to take a picture with it! L-R: Soo Yon, Yoon Jeong, Rachel, me. I was in mini-Korea hanging out with them; They all, including Soo Yon's dad, said that I should pick up some Korean. I tried, today, but it's so hard to remember all the different sounds that make up the diferent meanings.
Soo Yon's dad then brought us to an observatory which he found out about earlier on in the day, and we got a view of Tokyo for free. I wonder what I'll be able to see from Tokyo Tower. We're intending to return to this place in the day so that we'll be able to see more stuff like the Emperor's palace, as well as Mount Fuji if the weather is good.

pardon the reflection
This is my bookshelf! ... But two of the five racks are taken up by my foodstuff. Despite having an already overwhelming supply of food and drinks (and a lack of time in my room to eat and drink all those), I went out grocery shopping earlier on and couldn't resist the Japanese snacks! So you can imagine how full my shelf is. I've quite a few big bottles of drinks too, courtesy of my parents. And chawanmushi. And gratin. I am so well-stocked. *happy*

Just in case you've forgotten, this is me:

There is no lack of affordable eateries around Waseda University; I was told by the student volunteer that it's because it's a school district. Am I glad about that! I've been into quite a few places randomly, and everywhere the food is good. I can't wait to check out the cake shop that the volunteer recommended, assuming I can find it.

my closest friend thus far, yoon jeong

the interior of our dinner venue

the exterior
So yeah, Japan's been treating me good, and if all works out well, it'll continue to be great here. And a friend's flying to Japan soon, I can't wait to meet up! A familiar face among the sea of new faces! Now, let me just find my map and figure out how to get to our meeting place...