Once again, it occurred to me that my good friends are very sporty and outgoing. They love the great outdoors, and are going on treks every chance they get. Me? I love the great outdoors - from a distance. I generally like to keep clean and dry, and travel light, instead of hoisting a backpack bigger than myself onto my back. Back in JC when I was still in table tennis there was a greater semblance of sportyness, but now I feel that our interests are differing more. I can't imagine myself trekking often although I'd like to try it at least once. Will greatly differing interests push people apart? Sometimes when they chit chat about the treks they'd gone on to the same places, I'd feel a little like a fraud, like I don't belong there. And I have absolutely no clue what's going on. Is it any wonder that I'll start thinking I'm the odd one out, and maybe I'll be out of the loop? Labels: friends
Occasionally I think the most ridiculous thoughts. Will friendships fall apart just like that? If they do, perhaps they simply aren't strong enough, and aren't worth the effort of maintaining. If they don't, I'm insulting the friendships by thinking so lowly of them. Madness, absolute madness. So what if people are different? Earth will be a boring place if we're clones of one another. It shouldn't matter that I'm not keen on clambering up mountains and what not. And if I want to feel a tad more sporty I should just go and do more sports in my scant free time.
Rollerblading, anyone? ;p