About

Ramblings. Rantings. Ravings.

The Lady

22-year-old supergirl

Desires

freedom
courage
patience

Your Say


Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Entertainment

. postsecret
. icanhascheezburger
. xiaxue
. papergirlsshop
. crunchyroll

Recent Entries

> THE VALUE OF A WOMANBe careful not to make a woman...
> pictures galore
> prickly porcupine
> before i forget...
> ain't no peter pan
> Not hearing a peep squeak out of someone doesn't m...
> if i can't do it, no one can!
> ladidadida
> uPapa, anyone?
> I think the most atrocious thoughts sometimes. And...

Lost Memories

> April 2007
> May 2007
> June 2007
> July 2007
> August 2007
> September 2007
> October 2007
> November 2007
> December 2007
> January 2008
> February 2008
> March 2008
> April 2008
> May 2008
> June 2008
> July 2008
> August 2008
> September 2008
> October 2008
> November 2008
> December 2008
> January 2009
> February 2009
> March 2009
> April 2009
> May 2009
> June 2009
> July 2009
> August 2009
> September 2009
> October 2009
> December 2009
> February 2010
> April 2010
> June 2010
> September 2010
> October 2010
> November 2010
> December 2010
> January 2011

Thanks To

Designer: blueskyx* LG*
Edit: Adobe Photoshop CS2*
Fonts: Dafont*
Brushes: x
Image: o
Host: Blogger* Photobucket*
Thanks: Blogskins*

breakfast in bed!
Saturday, 26 May 2007

* Warning: picture-heavy post ahead

Yesterday was a good day! After tripping over a drain right outside Outram MRT station when I was only wearing flats and embarrassing myself by flying forward and thankfully not falling flat on my face, the day took a turn for the better. Yummy lunch at Thai Express and Venezia ice cream. I don't want hl to leave, the office will be so much quieter without her!

On Fridays we usually knock off at 5.30pm, but we were told we could knock off at 5pm instead because it was eat-with-your-family day. I thought, oops, I'm not going home to eat with my family, but well, us friends may not be related by blood, but we're family too. :) So we went grocery shopping before finally reaching sy's place at about 7.30pm. Here are some pictures of us preparing for dinner:



sarah and the weirdly-shaped unskinned carrots
(the other vegetables were... different too.)


sy in charge of cooking the veggie


sarah and myself frying the chicken

About one and a half hours later...


dinner is served! it looks gd! :D

It was funny, really, how long we took to cook something our moms can probably whip up in a jiffy. And we were so lost, and so hopeless in the kitchen, we didn't know how much rice to wash, how much water to put, how much a standard cup measures... So when the rice turned out yummy, we were so proud! Ahaha. Everything was surprisingly good, I loved dinner, but I loved the process more! Like sy said, sarah will never be able to escape from our teases of how she cut and cooked the carrots without removing the skin. And how the cauliflower was sliced, how the button mushrooms were halved, and how something else was quartered... Each cooking session becomes a disturb-sarah session, I like!

Presenting the proud trio...


give us a pat on the back!

Dinner looks good, right? Wait till you see the dessert (simple citrus sorbet):


... I botched it. It looks like an egg lah!!!

BUT before you dismiss me as hopeless in the kitchen, let me say I make nice scrambled eggs!





oops pardon the bedhead, we were too bz cooking for sarah to care bout looks.




golden pancake!



And finally, after sarah left...


breakfast in bed!

I love it that we have such cooking sessions, then we'll pig out during the night while watching DVDs (and struggling to stay awake for yesterday's case) . Sometimes over dinner we'll do a lot of catching up and girl talk, but this time it felt more like a time to chill and relax. A very laidback feel, and the more serious conversations may be carried out each time one of us was in the bathroom showering.

I had a lot of fun, thank you for having us over! I can't wait till yj comes back and we do it all over again. :D

Labels: , ,

- supergirl soul-saved @ 3:11 pm :)