A friend recently asked me something quite interesting - when is the image that comes to mind when I think of -insert name-? Since I was asked, I've come to realise that we probably do have an automatic image when the person's name is mentioned, just that it materialises so naturally, we don't even know what it is until we stop to think about it. And our image may not necessarily simply be of the person's face, or of the person in a certain memorable situation. Even more interesting than the question was my friend's image of me, of me smiling at him from a distance. I thought it was really interesting (or strange) that it was from a distance. It seems to smack of aloofness, of standing apart, of holding back. To think that his opinion is that I'm the one who clearly demarcates the territory is even more surprising. Labels: musings
I wonder what other people's image of me is.