I love happy coincidences! Like zooming on punkie's trusty bike on the way to work, and as we passed by Gilman Heights, who do I see? Shuying crossing the road! There's something mighty fun about turning back after we zoomed past, yelling her name, and letting the wind carry my words to her. Then waving extremely enthusiastically when she spotted us. It made me happy! I also love long weekends. Saturday Brought punkie with me to Hwachong Mid-Autumn Festival (MAF) celebrations! I felt rather old there, but it was worth it sharing part of my history with punkie, and showing her part of the hwachong culture! We also rolled up our sleeves, covered our hands with plastic bags and made mooncakes in the reading room upstairs. My all-time favourite part of MAF has to be the song session. Even as a spectator, it feels awesome watching the crowd below jumping up and down with enthusiasm in time to the beat, singing at the top of their lungs, or just swaying from side to side with their arms around their friends. I love the sense of camaraderie, the wave of school spirit that is exuded. Somehow it makes me feel touched, and extremely proud to be a hwachongian. Then it was off to another favourite past time – prawning! But the catch for the day was baaaaddd. We weren't prawning, we were merely holding the rods. -.- Better luck next time! Sunday Failed attempt to go for the Forest Adventure because we arrived late, so we made reservations for the next day. Since we were in the East, we made our way to the IKEA at Tampines where we stuffed our faces with chicken wings and meatballs! After bloating our stomachs, we then headed to the farmways and visited the fish farms, pet farms etc. It wasn't planned but we ended up getting two terrapins! Welcome to the family! =p Now we have 5 kids – Jade, Kaiser, Mr Tingles, Tortiya and Longines. Yay! Then spent the night sticking photos into the album aallll by myself, because Punkie went to zouk to dance the night away. But tis okay, Punkie's night out with friends! I can entertain myself well. :] Monday Remember I said we rescheduled our Forest Adventure? Turns out we still didn't manage to swing from tree to tree. Why? 1) It was POURING and we thought it was cancelled (and we couldn't confirm it because no one picked up our all) and 2) We were late again because of the rain! Ended up having a squabble over it because of unclear intentions on my part, and major frustration on Punkie's part. Boo. We couldn't be Tarzan and Jane! >.< We are jinxed! After making up – I demanded Shihlin Crispy Chicken as compensation for her 'abuse' =p – we went to Tampines Mall. Where I subsequently paid for most of the food (my own compensation!! :C) which was yum yum! We bought this jumbo cream puff with strawberries pieces inside that was just heavenly. I LOVE FOOD!!! Then we proceeded to explore the rest of Tampiness Mall by spending the rest of our time in Uni Qlo. Have to say that it's more pricey than in Japan but the stuffies are nice, I was tempted by so many things but only bought some basic items for work that were on sale. I LOVE SHOPPING TOO!! <3 Our exploration of Tampines Mall was followed by rushing down to a flea market at Dempsey Road, where too-dim lighting made browsing quite a strain on the eyes. Even so, I snagged myself 3 bangles at $5 – what a steal. HAPPY! :D I don't know how Punkie gets all the information about flea markets and fun stuff like that. It's like she's the information centre or something! I am so boring, I need to get more contacts for such stuff. RAR RAR RAR. Followed by work (for Punkie, that is. I just stayed home and watched TV, hehe), then picking her up (I drove there myself without getting lost! Praise me praise me!) and going for supper. Happy day. So that marked the end of my long weekend. No particularly spectacular activity, but it was packed enough and exciting enough, so I loved it! Rejuvenated for the four days of work, all prepared for the soon to come weekend. Woohoo! :D