About

Ramblings. Rantings. Ravings.

The Lady

22-year-old supergirl

Desires

freedom
courage
patience

Your Say


Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Entertainment

. postsecret
. icanhascheezburger
. xiaxue
. papergirlsshop
. crunchyroll

Recent Entries

> so happy togetheerrrrr... *warbles*
> My head feels like it's stuffed with cotton balls....
> crash course on growing up
> burn those books!
> when superman can't save the world
> Sometimes people are just so blind.We only see wha...
> i belong here with you
> random. just wanted to blog!
> to elucidate...
> note to kaiser

Lost Memories

> April 2007
> May 2007
> June 2007
> July 2007
> August 2007
> September 2007
> October 2007
> November 2007
> December 2007
> January 2008
> February 2008
> March 2008
> April 2008
> May 2008
> June 2008
> July 2008
> August 2008
> September 2008
> October 2008
> November 2008
> December 2008
> January 2009
> February 2009
> March 2009
> April 2009
> May 2009
> June 2009
> July 2009
> August 2009
> September 2009
> October 2009
> December 2009
> February 2010
> April 2010
> June 2010
> September 2010
> October 2010
> November 2010
> December 2010
> January 2011

Thanks To

Designer: blueskyx* LG*
Edit: Adobe Photoshop CS2*
Fonts: Dafont*
Brushes: x
Image: o
Host: Blogger* Photobucket*
Thanks: Blogskins*

in and out
Saturday, 6 June 2009

This has been a busy week, what with late night activities and early morning interviews - everything passed by in a blur. And ended with feeling unwell. I've come to realise that going for interviews isn't necessarily a horrifying process (although I've met some interviewers who were so condescending and aggressive I could just punch their faces in); I've also realised that how well I perform at interviews tends to be positively correlated with my connection with the interviewers. If the person looks kindly, is friendly and seems to like me, I'm more likely to relax and open up more. It's a good feeling when the interviewer tells me on the spot that he's putting me through to the next round because he smells something in me (this comment nearly cracked me up!), and that he thinks my CV is impressive! In any case, I'm glad to take a break from this cycle for a while when I take off to Bangkok and gallivant through the streets and go crazy from shopping.

When I moved in I adopted two 'kids', and recently we added another baby to our collection - a little kitten we named Bottles! It's really like a menegerie in here, with two humans, two dogs and one kitten cohabiting under the same roof of a room. I love love love the kitten; I can't get enough of cuddling it, touching it, feeding it... I don't know what we did but its tummy has expanded to enormous sizes and it's not doing very well at the moment. Worried. But when punkie gets back we will take it to the vet even though we're both quite broke. We can't let our baby die just like that, can we? >.< I refuse to let it go so easily. You hear me Bottles? I will take care of you!

Hmm. I like animals because they're sensitive to our emotions. The usually cuddles-averse fatty will let my brother and I curl up with it in bed for a while when we're feeling especially upset. And the hyperactive kaiser waiser will sit between my legs and lick my tears away instead of pawing at me to play. Or sit beside me while I sleep on the sofa. Sometimes we just have to give credit where it's due. Animals may be a hell lotta trouble and be the source of our headaches, but there are always some redeeming qualities that makes us draw them close and cuddle them real tight at the end of the day.

On another note, life has been full of ups and downs both for myself and for my friends. But there's something about some of us that simply refuse to give up without a fight, without putting in a lot of tolerance and patience and determination. Rolling over and dying is not an option. Much as I understand that we say horrible things in a fit of anger, I also think that that is not an excuse to be wielded all the time to expect forgiveness. There's only so much we can take. What really matters is our objective, our strength of conviction. When we believe something like "I don't want to break up" and our partners are screaming separation during fights, we tend to be able to overlook that even if hurts, and tell ourselves that everything will be all right once we both calm down. Then we'll talk about not using that as a tool of warfare - it gets old after a while, and beyond that, it's not fighting fair.

Okay, that's enough verbal diarrhoea for a while. Till next time, buhbye!

Labels: ,

- supergirl soul-saved @ 3:05 pm :)