About

Ramblings. Rantings. Ravings.

The Lady

22-year-old supergirl

Desires

freedom
courage
patience

Your Say


Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Entertainment

. postsecret
. icanhascheezburger
. xiaxue
. papergirlsshop
. crunchyroll

Recent Entries

> oops!
> in and out
> so happy togetheerrrrr... *warbles*
> My head feels like it's stuffed with cotton balls....
> crash course on growing up
> burn those books!
> when superman can't save the world
> Sometimes people are just so blind.We only see wha...
> i belong here with you
> random. just wanted to blog!

Lost Memories

> April 2007
> May 2007
> June 2007
> July 2007
> August 2007
> September 2007
> October 2007
> November 2007
> December 2007
> January 2008
> February 2008
> March 2008
> April 2008
> May 2008
> June 2008
> July 2008
> August 2008
> September 2008
> October 2008
> November 2008
> December 2008
> January 2009
> February 2009
> March 2009
> April 2009
> May 2009
> June 2009
> July 2009
> August 2009
> September 2009
> October 2009
> December 2009
> February 2010
> April 2010
> June 2010
> September 2010
> October 2010
> November 2010
> December 2010
> January 2011

Thanks To

Designer: blueskyx* LG*
Edit: Adobe Photoshop CS2*
Fonts: Dafont*
Brushes: x
Image: o
Host: Blogger* Photobucket*
Thanks: Blogskins*

The winds of change
Tuesday, 21 July 2009

If I were a Buddhist, or into Zen, I would think that human life is like being a leaf afloat on a stream, being carried down to god-knows-where by the current, taking things as they come, come what may. Subject to the whims and fancy of nature – of the wind, blowing me every which way; of animals, that may carry me out of the stream down another path; of ripples, that may overpower me and drag me down to the bottom of the stream…

But I am not into such analogies! I am a straight-talking person, saying things as they are instead of embellishing with frills and flounces. So here goes.

I am struck by the thought that perhaps I have changed so much to the extent that old friends will not be able to recognize me anymore. To look at me and then look right through me. "Where's the girl I used to know?" may be the thought that's uppermost on their minds. It worries me that there may not be a kernel of the old me that have stayed, that me as I am now may be someone my old friends can't identify with.

Harry Potter. Phoenix. Rising out of the ashes. Rebirth. Have I been too enthusiastic in throwing off the tethers that had bound me so tightly?

Yesterday I was talked into my first ever palm-reading session. I don't put much faith into tarot cards, palm-reading etc, but it's still interesting to hear what such so-called masters have to say about our lives. To a certain extent what he said was true – that I'm a very prideful person, idealistic, love good food, fiercely independent, have a way with guys. Other things he said I'm not very sure of – that I've a restless body and mind such that he sees lots of travelling and/or migration in the cards, that I need to be careful of my womb, intestines and stomach. But rebellious child? I don't think so. I've tried to be so good for so long… It took me so so so long to break out of the whole cycle, to stop being controlled by others.

When I finally find the freedom to do whatever I want, whenever I want, to experience new things… I question, I second-guess, I wonder.

What's in the cards for me in the future?

Labels:

- supergirl soul-saved @ 4:12 pm :)