I have come to realise that being well-behaved and easy-to-manage doesn't necessarily make a person more well-liked. Which is so ironic considering that one usually tries to be a model student/daughter/son etc to make things easier for others, and to curry favour or just be the apple of someone's eye. In fact, from opening my eyes and observing people, it seems that elders actually have a grudging respect for the more feisty people, those who can be mullish and bull-headed with fire in their eyes. Perhaps it's considered character. Labels: hmm, relationships
There are times when I feel disappointed, but I don't really know if I have the right to feel that way. But from recent experiences I have become all too aware of my Achilles' heel, and with the slightest nudge in the right direction things just fall apart. You've seen my world - or me - fall apart time and again, but you're still right here with me. When I look at the tatters of my world around me, it comforts me to see that one pillar still standing strong, unaffected by the debris.
And so we have weathered five months together. We've had our ups and downs, and silly little quarrels over bags and lack of pockets in pants... In retrospect they're kinda funny, and add some colour to our relationship. I'm happy happy happy. But let's not have too much of such colour, okay? :)