About

Ramblings. Rantings. Ravings.

The Lady

22-year-old supergirl

Desires

freedom
courage
patience

Your Say


Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Entertainment

. postsecret
. icanhascheezburger
. xiaxue
. papergirlsshop
. crunchyroll

Recent Entries

> crashed and burned: 1. 4 more to go!
> Due to the onset of exams, we unfortunately had to...
> outta spore i go! :D
> jingle bells jingle bells!
> unhappy endings
> As exams draw ever-nearer, we should all start mak...
> good to be back?
> what the night could've been
> I did not just fall off the back of a turnip truck...
> my week in pictures

Lost Memories

> April 2007
> May 2007
> June 2007
> July 2007
> August 2007
> September 2007
> October 2007
> November 2007
> December 2007
> January 2008
> February 2008
> March 2008
> April 2008
> May 2008
> June 2008
> July 2008
> August 2008
> September 2008
> October 2008
> November 2008
> December 2008
> January 2009
> February 2009
> March 2009
> April 2009
> May 2009
> June 2009
> July 2009
> August 2009
> September 2009
> October 2009
> December 2009
> February 2010
> April 2010
> June 2010
> September 2010
> October 2010
> November 2010
> December 2010
> January 2011

Thanks To

Designer: blueskyx* LG*
Edit: Adobe Photoshop CS2*
Fonts: Dafont*
Brushes: x
Image: o
Host: Blogger* Photobucket*
Thanks: Blogskins*

2 down, 3 to go
Tuesday, 25 November 2008

On the topic of me possibly going to school on Thursday to seek help from my friends for studies because I did badly for that module...

me: I need to pull up my socks!
mom: *laughs* you've been wearing loose socks all this while
me: ya! what sucks is that everytime i pull it up, it slips down again
mom: maybe you need to change the rubber of your socks
me: or i can get rubber bands to keep it in place. but if the bands snap then it slips down again!
mom: *laughs* then it's time you get new socks.

So that was my mom's advice. To throw out my current thoughts/mentality. To just focus on one exam paper at a time, and after one is down, to not think about it (because discussing with friends and finding out that your answer is wrong is a very crappy feeling) and look ahead to the next one. To do my best and get the exams over and done with, even if I know that I won't be doing well this time. That even in the face of bad results, to take it as my mind is just warming up after a year of languishing and soaking in the onsens. I said that I cannot do too badly because it will mean I cannot go for my last semester. And now my mom knows that's another problem weighing on my mind, but she didn't throw up a big fuss like "HUH?! HOW COME?!" or say something like "YOU BETTER STUDY HARDER!"

[ I probably say similar stuff everytime I'm troubled over studies or stressed during exams, but these thoughts DO occur frequently under such circumstances. Bear with me!]

I love how my mom's cool about such stuff, and never was one of those naggy and result-conscious parents who'd sit their kids down and supervise them while they study. I love how she left my brother and I alone to manage our own studies, believing that even if we screw up it's our own future we're screwing up. And, I believe, trusting us to be responsible for our own studies. It's precisely because I value that trust that I want to do well, partly to show that I'm worthy of the trust, and to make my parents happy. I believe I've proven myself well over the years, enough for my mom to know that I always try my best. I was a little worried that she'll think I spent too much time on cheerleading, and didn't devote enough time to study, but she said nothing of that sort. In not so many words, I was told that as long as I try my best, it's good enough. Quite coincidental that I heard similar words from Shuying earlier in the day too.

It means a lot to me to have people believing in my effort instead of merely looking at the results. During stressful periods these people and these words are my buoys. :)

Labels: ,

- supergirl soul-saved @ 1:01 pm :)