I have indulged in hours of me-time tonight, to do whatever I want - a luxury, really. Labels: relationships
Recent happenings around me have got me thinking a little.
What if you threw in your lot with someone, building a future together, a future in a foreign land, a future that lasts for two or three decades... then is no more? How do you go back to the beginning and rebuild a new life? How do you celebrate singlehood when you're pushing fifty - past your prime - with a kid or two in tow?
I crave seek stability. I think most of us want some form of long-run security when we tie our fates to someone else's. The question is - how do you know that someone can provide that? The answer would probably be that you don't know. So many questions stump me. It's such a headache to think of the what ifs, to try to take calculated risks, to make what will hopefully be the right choice. It's such a hassle, it would be best to simply go where you want to, with whoever you want to, and hope for the best.
Yet it's these seemingly simple solutions that prove to be the most difficult.
It also makes me think - Do I really want to live my life just hoping for the best?
I want to take my fate into my hands!