Labels: cheerleading
If only every training is like the one today - strenuous and tiring. Granted, I felt like a frog (and looked the part too!) doing the continuous toe touches, and my liberty kept tilting and falling, and the basket toss was so slanted I almost didn't get caught, and I couldn't get the right grip for 1-1-1, it felt productive! Strangely enough, it feels good when stunts/jumps/tumbling are lined up back to back without much time for breaks. It pushes us to go one up, and there are some of us who have our own goals, and enjoy being given a shove in the right direction. Progress has been made at a decent rate (and in terms of single stunting it's good!) and this squad looks promising. Now, to aim to make the cut... only seven openings for girls to make the Cheerobics team!
This week has been incredibly hectic, with only small pockets of time to rest and relax. Considering how much I generally enjoy trainings, it was only in the situation where I was swept off my feet by work that I decided to miss one training. But you know there are some times when you look back and think "thank goodness I did that!"? I hope there'll be more occasions for me to think that way - because it'll mean that I believe I made the right choices. :)