About

Ramblings. Rantings. Ravings.

The Lady

22-year-old supergirl

Desires

freedom
courage
patience

Your Say


Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Entertainment

. postsecret
. icanhascheezburger
. xiaxue
. papergirlsshop
. crunchyroll

Recent Entries

> we never get tired of taking pictures!
> Out of the blue after dinner just now, my dad aske...
> pet + friends + food = happy
> bendability
> 家丑不可外扬
> said i loved you but i lied
> resolution counts for something!
> it's MAF once again!
> let the bruising begin
> when people come and go too quickly..

Lost Memories

> April 2007
> May 2007
> June 2007
> July 2007
> August 2007
> September 2007
> October 2007
> November 2007
> December 2007
> January 2008
> February 2008
> March 2008
> April 2008
> May 2008
> June 2008
> July 2008
> August 2008
> September 2008
> October 2008
> November 2008
> December 2008
> January 2009
> February 2009
> March 2009
> April 2009
> May 2009
> June 2009
> July 2009
> August 2009
> September 2009
> October 2009
> December 2009
> February 2010
> April 2010
> June 2010
> September 2010
> October 2010
> November 2010
> December 2010
> January 2011

Thanks To

Designer: blueskyx* LG*
Edit: Adobe Photoshop CS2*
Fonts: Dafont*
Brushes: x
Image: o
Host: Blogger* Photobucket*
Thanks: Blogskins*

balancing the good and the bad
Tuesday, 30 September 2008

Yesterday was an ultimately shitty day when we were duped by our lecturer with regards to the format of our mid-term test. Thanks to the surprise he pulled, I know have failed my first mid-term test of the semester. So yeah, you can imagine how bad a mood I was in after I left the LT. But you know how life is too short to be unhappy for long..? So hours after the test fiasco, I went for training, saw the faces of my team mates in various shades of red/brown, thought about our Sentosa trip, and cheered up more.

I just found out that someone was looking at those pictures on facebook hoping to see pictures of me in a bikini. Alas, I did not feel sexy that day so I kept my tank top on, much to his disappointment, I'm sure. ;p Anyway, I have also discovered a new blog stalker, so hey, this is for you! :)

Sentosa was good because it was a blazing hot day, a relief, really, considering that it'd been rather rainy the days before, and the days after. After all, if we're going to have fun at the beach, it's almost a must to have sun, (dry) sand and (warm) sea.


my ass was very popular (and abused) that day. can you tell why?


girlies!

When cheerleaders go to the beach, the things we do will be different from most people. For one, apart from just playing volleyball and splashing in the sea, we do stunts! I've always admired the flexible people because the photos are just so cool.


if i attempted a scorpion my back would break! honest!


3 tiers of shoulder sits. "very heavy!" said juni.



i love the lighting; we look like we're g l o w i n g !



i have a good radar when it comes to spotting the camera =p


our first all-guy (mini) pyramid!


juni doing his crazy face jump ;p

I think many people didn't expect that I'd still be in cheerleading although I'm in year 4 now. Usually I tell them it's because I don't want to spend my last year mugging away. While there's some truth in that, the main reason why I returned to the squad is simple: I like cheerleading. A lot. That's really all there is to it.

Frankly speaking, the importance of examinations and getting good results take all the joy out of studying. I am damn sick of fighting this losing battle against economics. After yesterday's extremely demoralising test experience, I was contemplating just filing for graduation instead of going for one more semester and on the honours track. After a while, good sense prevailed and I decided I shall trudge on. I just have to do my best, right...? Aja aja fighting! >.<

Therefore instead of merely doing what I must (with a heavy heart, no less), I want to do what I want to do. Which explains why I'm still in cheerleading, tolerating jibes about my weight, getting blue blacks, sweating like a pig, and basically enjoying myself. Cheerleaders make me smile. :)

Labels: , ,

- supergirl soul-saved @ 11:44 pm :)