About

Ramblings. Rantings. Ravings.

The Lady

22-year-old supergirl

Desires

freedom
courage
patience

Your Say


Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Entertainment

. postsecret
. icanhascheezburger
. xiaxue
. papergirlsshop
. crunchyroll

Recent Entries

> when people come and go too quickly..
> drawing boundaries
> THE question
> little bits of happiness
> and we are back to cheerleading entries!
> going back the alpha verve way
> Currently hooked on this song: Ayaka - 手をつなごう
> After having been away for a while, everywhere in ...
> back to school again
> eating @ newton

Lost Memories

> April 2007
> May 2007
> June 2007
> July 2007
> August 2007
> September 2007
> October 2007
> November 2007
> December 2007
> January 2008
> February 2008
> March 2008
> April 2008
> May 2008
> June 2008
> July 2008
> August 2008
> September 2008
> October 2008
> November 2008
> December 2008
> January 2009
> February 2009
> March 2009
> April 2009
> May 2009
> June 2009
> July 2009
> August 2009
> September 2009
> October 2009
> December 2009
> February 2010
> April 2010
> June 2010
> September 2010
> October 2010
> November 2010
> December 2010
> January 2011

Thanks To

Designer: blueskyx* LG*
Edit: Adobe Photoshop CS2*
Fonts: Dafont*
Brushes: x
Image: o
Host: Blogger* Photobucket*
Thanks: Blogskins*

let the bruising begin
Tuesday, 2 September 2008

"Pain is my friend."

That refrain didn't echo in my mind at all while I was being stretched to within an inch of my life. It was torturous, it was painful, I screamed for it to stop, and I heaved a sigh of relief when it finally ended. Somehow the muscle on my inner right thigh didn't just feel sore, it hurt. So I kind of suspected that maybe I strained my muscle. The next day, I saw faint signs of bruising. I gave it another day, and this is what it became:


the biggest bruise i captured (there are smaller ones nearby)

One of my team mates saw it, and said, "I think you tore your muscle!" That sounds so horrifying, so I'd rather believe I merely strained it. In any case, this is the second time I got such bad bruising from stretching. If it's anything like the last time, I simply need to give it time to heal. Hmm. But come to think of it, it took a very long time before my muscle returned to its original condition where splitting felt okay.

Anyhow, more girls turned up on Monday, so I returned to girl-basing! This is what we achieved:

1) Elevator
2) Elevator to full ex
3) Straight to full ex
4) Full ex to liberty
5) Trophy
6) Basket toss
7) Cradles

There were lots of things that I did for the first time, but with the help of a front and back spot, and many spotters at the side to ensure the safety of the flyer, we did it! :D All-girl stunting rocks! There was really a sense of achievement, although in a way it was cheating because we had the lightest flyer. Everything was fun fun fun!

It's one thing to hold shoes; It's another to have a flyer slamming onto your arms from a height, or having shoes grinding against your knuckles... My delicate hands are not used to it! I've got blue blacks on my arms from the cradles, while other parts are bruised from basket tosses. The last time poh asked me if I've got blue blacks, I said "not yet". I knew it was just a matter of time, and it has started.

But hey, all these are part and parcel of cheerleading, gotta grin and bear it!

Labels:

- supergirl soul-saved @ 9:16 pm :)