For the purposes of losing weight, I decided on a two-prong attack: Labels: looks
1) To exercise
2) To watch what I eat
On exercising:
Today it rained all day, which meant going jogging was a no-no. I'd thought of doing all the squats etc, but thanks to cramps, I decided to take a break. For now, I'm telling myself that muscle ache is my friend, and only a temporary one at that. Once my body gets used to working out again, the aches and pains will go away. Since I'm back to my waking-up-at-3pm ways, it is rather hard to fit in grocery shopping, exercising, cooking and other miscellaneous stuff before 7pm. Due to today's weather and body condition, I went to Santoku to replenish my food stock instead, which had dwindled to nothingness because I cleared everything (or left them to go bad in my fridge) before I went travelling.
On eating:
One good thing about waking up late is that I can survive on one meal a day - dinner. Pretty amazing how quickly this has an effect on the body. Anyway, at Santoku, I bought fruits (apples and strawberries! got tired of oranges) to munch on in the wee hours of the morning when I get hungry, as is wont to happen often. Those are to stop me from reaching for the (unhealthy!) chocolates and cookies that are on my shelf, a mere metre away from where I'm always seated. As I passed by the freezer section I was eyeing the ice cream, but I pulled myself away before I reached for a tub of haagan dazs. Tonight, I sat down to a miso soup + rice + natto combination dinner, which sounds pretty darn healthy to me. After I took forever to prepare the soup (I don't know why I am such a slow cook! But at least even if I take long, I can cook palatable food), I sat in front of my desk, and... started thinking that maybe my bowlful of rice is too much for someone trying to lose weight. With an inward sigh I took my spoon and transferred a quarter of the rice from my bowl to another one, to be eaten another day.
I am a sportswoman, have been since primary school, so I can deal with going back to my exercising ways. Yet at the same time, I am a gormandiser, an appreciator of food. Is that why the second prong of my attack seems like it's going to be so difficult...? To eat less frequently the unhealthy food that I like, and when I do, to eat in smaller amounts. The same goes for every other food. Just the rice incident of a few minutes ago made me feel so pitiful.
Sigh.
Can I just stand on the weighing scale, close my eyes, and when I open them again see a figure between 42 and 45kg?