Doing nothing is boring, but playing is tiring. Dragged myself up at 6.30am for the purpose of going to Nikko! We went to see Kegon Falls, Lake Chuzenji and Toshogu, and all were good. I especially liked the first two because we had to take a scenic bus ride up the mountain to get to them, and by scenic I meant mindblowing beauty. At certain points where the road opens up or when there's this clearing in the trees, there will be a heartbeat during which everything looks perfect. Awesome. As a bonus, there was snow up there! I just love snow so much. :D There was this snow-covered bank, and all of us climbed up and started an impromptu snowball fight. Sometimes we were more like throwing snowflakes rather than snowballs since the snow there was quite powdery, but it was great fun! Just that I happened to be the target most of the time, and got absolutely covered with snow. Nonetheless, it made me happy~ We didn't have much time to go through Toshogu, but we took a hurried tour, and it sure was grand. Then again, what can I expect from something that's related to Tokugawa Ieyasu?
Kind of too tired to go into specifics and all, let it suffice to say that the Nikko trip was great. I'm really glad that when my friends from Singapore and friends from Japan meet, they manage to click pretty well. Then everyone has fun without anyone hiding somewhere feeling awkward or self conscious. I get the best of both worlds when that happens. :)
Took pictures, but they're not with me, so let's backtrack a bit and see pictures of when I went for lunch with yoon jeong's parents.