About

Ramblings. Rantings. Ravings.

The Lady

22-year-old supergirl

Desires

freedom
courage
patience

Your Say


Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Entertainment

. postsecret
. icanhascheezburger
. xiaxue
. papergirlsshop
. crunchyroll

Recent Entries

> veil: check
> i'm still on this topic.
> let's play pretend
> crazy faces, splitting smiles, and splits.
> "If you're not afraid of dying, join cheerleading....
> walk two moons
> It's a new day! Tiredness must have caused the gru...
> I'm too used to getting my way. I don't like havin...
> the madness that was us!
> Quote of the day: Cover your face, don't cover you...

Lost Memories

> April 2007
> May 2007
> June 2007
> July 2007
> August 2007
> September 2007
> October 2007
> November 2007
> December 2007
> January 2008
> February 2008
> March 2008
> April 2008
> May 2008
> June 2008
> July 2008
> August 2008
> September 2008
> October 2008
> November 2008
> December 2008
> January 2009
> February 2009
> March 2009
> April 2009
> May 2009
> June 2009
> July 2009
> August 2009
> September 2009
> October 2009
> December 2009
> February 2010
> April 2010
> June 2010
> September 2010
> October 2010
> November 2010
> December 2010
> January 2011

Thanks To

Designer: blueskyx* LG*
Edit: Adobe Photoshop CS2*
Fonts: Dafont*
Brushes: x
Image: o
Host: Blogger* Photobucket*
Thanks: Blogskins*

fly?
Wednesday, 27 June 2007

R asked if I'd ever thought of being an air stewardess.

That thought had never really crossed my mind, really, mainly because I just barely make the minimum height requirements, and I don't relish the thought of having the luggage fall on my head as I attempt to stuff it into the overhead cabins. I'd also heard of how the senior air stewardesses throw their weight around and bully the juniors. Enticing? Hardly.

Then again, I figured that if I can't get a job in the markets where Economics majors circulate in, I'm open to the idea of trying something different. Of course, I know it's not the case whereby I'll get the job if I apply for it, but no harm in striking out and doing something vaguely off the path most taken. Moreover, people don't remain air stewardesses for life. You don't see a 50-year-old air stewardess on carriers like SIA, do you? It may actually be interesting doing a stint as an air stewardess for a few years before settling into a line more normal. But the way R put it, it sounds as though ex-air stewardesses often go into the insurance or real estate sectors. I'm not particularly keen on those. -.-

Hahaha I suddenly imagined an air stewardess walking down the aisle and puking on some passengers because of air sickness. That'll be disgusting!

Labels:

- supergirl soul-saved @ 9:19 pm :)