About

Ramblings. Rantings. Ravings.

The Lady

22-year-old supergirl

Desires

freedom
courage
patience

Your Say


Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Entertainment

. postsecret
. icanhascheezburger
. xiaxue
. papergirlsshop
. crunchyroll

Recent Entries

> It's a new day! Tiredness must have caused the gru...
> I'm too used to getting my way. I don't like havin...
> the madness that was us!
> Quote of the day: Cover your face, don't cover you...
> it's a sunny yellow banana day!
> forbidden fruit
> I hate to give in and say sorry when I'm not, simp...
> And today, I am happy! After quite a long hiatus, ...
> The awareness, it's starting again. The message-he...
> sundays ought to be fun!

Lost Memories

> April 2007
> May 2007
> June 2007
> July 2007
> August 2007
> September 2007
> October 2007
> November 2007
> December 2007
> January 2008
> February 2008
> March 2008
> April 2008
> May 2008
> June 2008
> July 2008
> August 2008
> September 2008
> October 2008
> November 2008
> December 2008
> January 2009
> February 2009
> March 2009
> April 2009
> May 2009
> June 2009
> July 2009
> August 2009
> September 2009
> October 2009
> December 2009
> February 2010
> April 2010
> June 2010
> September 2010
> October 2010
> November 2010
> December 2010
> January 2011

Thanks To

Designer: blueskyx* LG*
Edit: Adobe Photoshop CS2*
Fonts: Dafont*
Brushes: x
Image: o
Host: Blogger* Photobucket*
Thanks: Blogskins*

walk two moons
Friday, 22 June 2007

TGIF!

I am so tired, I just want to yawn a huge yawn, make myself comfortable on the table, and fall asleep. Actually apart from ending half an hour early, Fridays aren’t that big a deal because the next day is Saturday, and I don’t get to sleep in! Raar!

- - -

One reason why we always have conflicts is because we don’t empathise enough, or put ourselves in others’ shoes to gain a different perspective. Perhaps it boils down to the me- mentality, where we put self above others. Selfish, yes, but entirely human.

Talk is cheap. It’s simple, too simple, to open one’s big gap and start whining and complaining. Criticism, when not constructive, is empty noise. Most people don’t take criticism very well – after all, who likes to hear that hey, you’re not doing this very well, you suck? Criticism without empathy, without understanding, and without suggestions on improvements… Well, it’s like rubbing salt on open wounds. After the you suck, it becomes like you suck, AND you have to figure out on your own how to not suck.

Watching things happen from a third party perspective is rather interesting, and even amusing. I empathise, I can probably safely say that I understand, but it’s just not my time to step in and intervene anymore. And I’m glad for that. There’s only so much of the same crap one can take.

“Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting.”

By right that’s how it’s supposed to read, but more often than not, it’s a case of people who give without forgetting (if they even give), and take without remembering. It makes me feel sick to know that people just want to take, take, take – without giving anything in return. Such relationships are unbalanced and tiring for the giver. I would think that it’s difficult to give without remembering when you’re always on the giving end, receiving nothing in return. Or maybe receiving a half bucket of shit. Hahaha.

So before you portray yourself to be a selfish empty vessel, it may be a good idea to put yourself in others’ shoes, and remember the time when you were involved and others weren’t, and imagine how others felt then. It’s not that difficult to do, is it?

Labels:

- supergirl soul-saved @ 10:32 am :)