So yesterday was like a cheerleading day, starting off with dragging myself up early on a Sunday morning (when am I ever awake in the morning on Sundays?) to watch the primary and secondary category of Cheerobics. In a way I envy the little kiddos for being able to start on cheerleading from such a young age, while they're still flexible and have loads of time to gain experience and learn the right techniques. And like Kristy said, kids are more fearless, so the word "scared" probably wouldn't keep lingering in their minds for every single stunt they do. And the secondary level impressed me. To the extent that I felt a little embarrassed that us older cheerleaders cannot do better in certain ways. Okay, okay, I'll work on my flexibility and all... I wish I'd started younger though. To think I'd harboured some dreams of being a gymnast when I was a kid. Labels: cheerleading
It's good to hang out with fellow cheerleaders. Between friends, we can talk about anything under the sun. Between cheerleader friends, we can talk about anything under the sun and cheerleading. It wouldn't do to bore other friends with stunt terminology and what not that they have no clue about. Yet sometimes, talking to more senior cheerleaders makes me feel a little... inadequate. I don't like to feel small, and all of 8mm tall. I'd prefer to feel 8 feet tall. :)
Lunch, dinner, in betweens... Cheerleaders abound. It makes me want to integrate myself into this circle, work hard (especially at 'flirting' with the crowd because that's what makes performances more engaging and lively) and... feel proud of myself.
And I really should talk about stuff other than cheerleading.