About

Ramblings. Rantings. Ravings.

The Lady

22-year-old supergirl

Desires

freedom
courage
patience

Your Say


Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Entertainment

. postsecret
. icanhascheezburger
. xiaxue
. papergirlsshop
. crunchyroll

Recent Entries

> walk two moons
> It's a new day! Tiredness must have caused the gru...
> I'm too used to getting my way. I don't like havin...
> the madness that was us!
> Quote of the day: Cover your face, don't cover you...
> it's a sunny yellow banana day!
> forbidden fruit
> I hate to give in and say sorry when I'm not, simp...
> And today, I am happy! After quite a long hiatus, ...
> The awareness, it's starting again. The message-he...

Lost Memories

> April 2007
> May 2007
> June 2007
> July 2007
> August 2007
> September 2007
> October 2007
> November 2007
> December 2007
> January 2008
> February 2008
> March 2008
> April 2008
> May 2008
> June 2008
> July 2008
> August 2008
> September 2008
> October 2008
> November 2008
> December 2008
> January 2009
> February 2009
> March 2009
> April 2009
> May 2009
> June 2009
> July 2009
> August 2009
> September 2009
> October 2009
> December 2009
> February 2010
> April 2010
> June 2010
> September 2010
> October 2010
> November 2010
> December 2010
> January 2011

Thanks To

Designer: blueskyx* LG*
Edit: Adobe Photoshop CS2*
Fonts: Dafont*
Brushes: x
Image: o
Host: Blogger* Photobucket*
Thanks: Blogskins*

Saturday, 23 June 2007

"If you're not afraid of dying, join cheerleading."

So said the emcee at Cheerobics. After we've been in the sport for a while, we tend to forget that it is a highly dangerous sport. I forgot until my mom reminded me of it, telling me about a Chinese gymnast who fell and broke her backbone or something doing the uneven bars, and ended up being paralysed from the neck down. I cannot imagine being a wheelchair from my teenage years, the way she will be. Landing on one's head is no small matter. I've been able to laugh off such incidents whenever they happen to me, because I've been lucky. How long can one's luck continue? We shouldn't leave such things to chance. It didn't really occur to me that such accidents may continue happening even after I leave, maybe because such things mainly seem to happen to me. Yet if we don't brush up on our spotting, somewhere down the road someone's bound to get seriously injured. I can imagine the hoo-ha that will occur, and I'm sure that the NUS big shots will dissolve cheerleading.

Let's not test our flyers' luck anymore.

Suddenly I think that it's damn scary, which is not a good thing, because I've yet to try basket toss back tuck again since last Thursday. Landing on head, landing on back... Scary. I've always thought that having some injuries is part and parcel of trainings, and those who don't have Lady Luck on their side may break an arm or a leg. Broken bones, I can live with that - or so I thought. I forgot that the spine can be broken too.

As mentioned before, I'm afraid of dying.

What am I doing in cheerleading then???

Labels:

- supergirl soul-saved @ 6:58 pm :)