About

Ramblings. Rantings. Ravings.

The Lady

22-year-old supergirl

Desires

freedom
courage
patience

Your Say


Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Entertainment

. postsecret
. icanhascheezburger
. xiaxue
. papergirlsshop
. crunchyroll

Recent Entries

> THANK YOU WENRUI!
> i'm brilliant!
> cheerleading again!
> on cheerleading at 6am
> birds fly high
> THE (primary school) One
> VisualDNA
> thoughts from tv watching
> >_<
> *bounce*

Lost Memories

> April 2007
> May 2007
> June 2007
> July 2007
> August 2007
> September 2007
> October 2007
> November 2007
> December 2007
> January 2008
> February 2008
> March 2008
> April 2008
> May 2008
> June 2008
> July 2008
> August 2008
> September 2008
> October 2008
> November 2008
> December 2008
> January 2009
> February 2009
> March 2009
> April 2009
> May 2009
> June 2009
> July 2009
> August 2009
> September 2009
> October 2009
> December 2009
> February 2010
> April 2010
> June 2010
> September 2010
> October 2010
> November 2010
> December 2010
> January 2011

Thanks To

Designer: blueskyx* LG*
Edit: Adobe Photoshop CS2*
Fonts: Dafont*
Brushes: x
Image: o
Host: Blogger* Photobucket*
Thanks: Blogskins*

directionless idiot
Wednesday, 25 April 2007

A little twerp like me, driving? I'm bound to get lost!

... and I did, on the way to nus from ntu. On the way to an exam, no less. I had quite clear directions from my dad on how to get to nus, and it sounded fairly straightforward. Drive all the way straight, look out for international road, then exit at the sliproad leading to AYE, drive along until I pass clementi ave 2, 6, then exit again at clementi road, and voila, I should be in familiar territory.

Unfortunately it didn't work out that way.

Somehow or other, I ended up at the checkpoint leading to Jurong Island. -.- Brilliant, am I not? I was panicking, thinking "oh shit what the hell am I doing going to Jurong Island?! I can't U-turn here, how?!" No choice, drove forward to the checkpoint. The booth was so high, probably to accommodate the high passenger cabs of all the lorries and what not, the person manning the booth had to come out to talk to me. I was directed to the next security officer, who gave me directions to U-turn and get out, then I went on to another security officer, who pointed the way for me to U-turn. Finally I was out, and I thought, okay, I shall turn right where I was supposed to turn left just now.

And I ended up heading towards Jurong pier.

Whadda hell?! Stopped in the middle of nowhere, did a U-turn, and drove off elsewhere. Seeing that it was only about 12.25, I thought maybe if I drove around a little I would be able to get my bearings or see some familiar names that my dad had wrote down for me, and get myself out of the mess. I saw a sign to AYE, pounced on it, and drove along... Until finally, the sign said it was AYE (Tuas). Whadda hell?! Exited immediately, drove around a bit, saw some ulu primary school, looked at the clock, and gave up. By then - 12.40pm, I was on the verge of tears. I was going "FUCK!", driving around with a wildly beating heart then called home to seek divine help from daddy. "Papa, I'm lost!!!"

So as he was guiding me back to the correct route (initially I think he was a little mad that I didn't follow instructions and went bloody far all the way to Jurong Island =s) I was struggling to drive and talk. He asked, "You're using the handsfree set right?" "No." "So you're holding the handphone and talking?! Cannot! You're going to get fined and jailed you know?!" I guess it didn't occur to me to stop the car, go to the boot where my bag is to get the thingies, and get back in. I didn't want to stop at all, I only wanted to go forward which would hopefully bring me a few metres closer to school!

Anyway I parked the car around 12.56pm, rushed to the hall, and as soon as I sat down, the invigilator announced, "you may begin." JUST IN THE NICK OF TIME! When I got home, the first thing my mom did, after saying hi to me, was snigger. -.-'' Apparently both my parents were thinking of telling me to park the car somewhere and take a cab to school, but I guess my dad decided to take a calculated risk and give me directions. I think I wouldn't have enough money to take a cab to school, then take a cab back to where the car is to drive it back home. Ahhh.

I am such an idiot. *kicks self*

(By the way, the paper went surprisingly well, I can still hope for an A-!)

Labels:

- supergirl soul-saved @ 4:23 pm :)