I was damn damn damn bored last night. I don't remember ever feeling so restless the day before a paper. Anyhow, I went to sleep crazily early (for me) at 11pm, and ended up popping awake at 4.30am. Decided to blog surf, and it seems that my juniors are having withdrawal symptoms since trainings ended. Labels: cheerleading
Thoughts on cheerleading?
I preferred cheerleading when I wasn't the captain. I could concentrate on being the best flyer, or at least the best flyer I can be, and that's it. Managing the squad, choreography, music... All these were none of my business. So somehow, taking a leadership role killed some of my passion. I still love cheerleading as a sport, I just don't like the management side of it. I remember that I really enjoyed going for trainings during the holidays, even though last June/July I'd already become vice-captain. But there was still Nat, and Kristy, and the other people who made cheerleading fun for me. Now, I think of the upcoming performances, and if I focus on the performances alone, I'm excited. Like yay, we get to show our stuff, we get to train hard, sweat, feel the sense of satisfaction! Yes, there's that - and there's the planning for the routine. The thought of that practically makes me shrivel up inside, like huhh, again...? Especially when I'll be starting work right after the exams, and training is the week after that, so basically I need to figure out stunts, timings, manpower allocation etc during my working hours. Maybe I don't like the rush, the madness, and the forever-chatting-away juniors. So damn, am I glad that I'll be handing over soon.
On the other hand... I'll feel a little sad if the next captain's love is diminished the way mine was. Ah well, I shouldn't worry for them, they'll be fine. After all they're all from the same clique, and they fit in so well together, she should have an easier time commanding their attention. My main worry is that she won't have enough experience in cheerleading. I can't help but feel that for the same amount of time that we trained, I got more out of cheerleading than they did. I hope they prove me wrong.
You know, suddenly I feel that maybe they'll be happier when us female seniors - claris, huijin and myself - aren't in the squad anymore. I think we were the ones who didn't fit into their giggly, chatty group. It's really unnerving how I see this junior-senior chasm between the girls. Ah heck, will not be my problem anymore soon.
Please learn to be good flyers... bases... backspots... Good cheerleaders.
Then maybe I'll have something to be prouder about. :)