
- - -
I don't know if I should feel flattered or annoyed that someone keeps asking me about study matters. Almost everytime he msgs me it's about how to study for exams, whether I find exams easy, how I do my tutorials... Surely such things differ from individual to individual, otherwise is quite standard? Like how you do your tutorial - refer to lecture notes/textbook lah! I see no point in comparing certain matters when the schools we're in function differently. Then my method wouldn't work for him, would it? It's not like I know my method is the best, but it works for me, well enough to do decently. Can't others find a way that works best for themselves?
Sometimes I think my irritation stems from my impatience in explaning things to others. Or is it because I don't want to share? Hmm. Actually on the whole I don't mind sharing how I prepare for schoolwork/exams, it irks me only when people only initiate conversations with me to ask solely about it, as though I'm around to be made use of. That I cannot stand. Then there are also occasions when they have asked the question before, but they forgot that they did (obviously meaning it didn't matter enough for them to remember), and they ask me again. And laugh it off when I pointed out that it's a repeated question. Hey, not funny, especially when I'm busy with my own stuff and I have to waste time to repeat my answers! It's also such a bore to talk about studies. It's something that already takes up quite some time, I don't think I want to spend more of my free time on it.
Grr. I don't know why I attract people to offload their problems on me. I'm impatient and aloof, not the best aunt agony, don't you think? When I'm not in the best of moods and conversation windows from certain people pop up, I groan inwardly, "Nooo not again." Reluctantly I click on it, and the first line, instead of a "hi", is an immediate grouse. My goodness.
Am I the information counter/service centre or something?!
- - -
Time to turn up my music and screech sing along to it.