So a few months ago I decided to go with my heart and go back to one of my loves - cheerleading. I figured what do I have to lose? Cheerleading is not an evergreen sport, and I want to do it while I can, for as long as I can. And I didn't want to be in my 30s, looking back and thinking "I should have gone for it. Why didn't I?" So I'm thanking my lucky stars that I went down to an Alpha training, met up with Karen, and followed her to Legacy training. No regrets!
Glee Dance-Off @ 3rd training - PUSH IT!
What I got out of Legacy is definitely much more than I thought I would. I got my skills back, I got my fitness back, but I also made new friends and lead a more fulfilling life. I now realise acutely how different teams have different characters, and I absolutely love training with Legacians. I forgot, or perhaps never knew, this feeling of camaraderie that only a team sport offers. The spirit and the encouragement, the motivation given by team mates as well as by oneself. The never say die spirit, the mantra that goes "I can do it! I can do it!" More so, knowing that you will do it simply because you want to and will put in 100% effort to.
Legacy picnic @ rooftop
It's almost amazing how cheerleaders are practically married to this sport; It's so addictive! I could cheer and cheer and cheer and never get sick of it. And I'm just glad that it has opened new doors, new opportunities and new activities. Although life has undoubtedly become more busy with this increased commitment, it has also become so much more exciting.

Creating a
Legacy @ YOG closing
And guess what? I actually have Malay friends now after 24 years!! For the first time in my life I donned a baju kurung and went Hari Raya visiting. Going to different houses and indulging in so much malay food was certainly a new experience that I thoroughly enjoyed.
assalamualaikum! selamat hari raya!
It doesn't take very much to change a life. I'm glad I'm taking active steps to do what I want, when I want; being contented while juggling all the balls of my commitments. And the best thing? Ppo is so supportive she actually is part of the training now! :D
Labels: cheerleading