About

Ramblings. Rantings. Ravings.

The Lady

22-year-old supergirl

Desires

freedom
courage
patience

Your Say


Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Entertainment

. postsecret
. icanhascheezburger
. xiaxue
. papergirlsshop
. crunchyroll

Recent Entries

> the celebration of red
> Time for the tiger
> reflections: bodyguards and assassins
> I FEEL MOTIVATED!Actually it's not that difficult ...
> it overwhelms sometimes.
> mid-week.
> play it again
> What you don’t see can hurt you
> don’t delete me
> A barrage of words

Lost Memories

> April 2007
> May 2007
> June 2007
> July 2007
> August 2007
> September 2007
> October 2007
> November 2007
> December 2007
> January 2008
> February 2008
> March 2008
> April 2008
> May 2008
> June 2008
> July 2008
> August 2008
> September 2008
> October 2008
> November 2008
> December 2008
> January 2009
> February 2009
> March 2009
> April 2009
> May 2009
> June 2009
> July 2009
> August 2009
> September 2009
> October 2009
> December 2009
> February 2010
> April 2010
> June 2010
> September 2010
> October 2010
> November 2010
> December 2010
> January 2011

Thanks To

Designer: blueskyx* LG*
Edit: Adobe Photoshop CS2*
Fonts: Dafont*
Brushes: x
Image: o
Host: Blogger* Photobucket*
Thanks: Blogskins*

on the go
Friday, 16 April 2010

Doing things on the go seems to be all the rage now, with the proliferation of iphones and blackberrys and all the hi-tech shenanigans that allow people to go online on their phones. It irks me when some people use this technology to post some really inane comments on facebook about them waiting for someone somewhere for how long. Seriously, how does that add any value to the online community in any way? In fact, I don’t even think it adds much value to the person himself/herself, apart from perhaps alleviating a few seconds of boredom.

Having said that, I do see the plus points of being about to blog on the go, or post pictures on the go. Not only is it a way to use time efficiently (so that waiting time =/= wasting time hurhur), it’s also a fantastic way to capture those fleeting thoughts that are gone from my head by the time I get to a computer. I think of the many times I wished I could whip out a cool gadget and send my cool thoughts phrased in a cool way to cyberspace. Alas, I am still in the dinosaur age of keypad phones. While people are busy using touch screen functions and logging onto the net on the go, and playing with their wonderful wii at home, I, on the other hand, barely even touch my obsolete Ericsson k800i keypad phone, and relish in plopping myself on the bed and watching a dinosaur TV at home. How to be a cool person like that, you tell me?

The time to upgrade just never seems to materialize. It’s exactly like wanting to buy higher end cosmetics or skincare products when I have more money. The unfortunate thing is that I never seem to have more money, even after I started working! I have this niggling feeling I’m going to be stuck on the same rung for quite a while. I think I would much prefer to hang on to my money and safeguard it under my pillow (or to be more updated, in the bank) than to spend it on cool things to be part of the hip and happening crowd. If I’d never belonged to that crowd, what makes me think I’m going to start now?

Doh.

- supergirl soul-saved @ 12:35 pm :)