Finally caught Harry Potter with my HP buddy. The first thing I noticed was that she was dressed more nicely than usual, and with her hair in a french braid. Yes, she looked pretty, but that was all there was to it initially. Then after the movie, as we bummed around Daiso (her first time there) and Made With Love (my first time there), I couldn't help but sneak glances at her and think, my, we have grown up. We have certainly come a very long way from boyish haircuts, owl-like glasses, and tshirt and shorts. It's not that we're old, but I don't think people looking at us will think that we're 16 or anything like that. I remember looking at 18-year-old girls when I was in secondary school, and thinking that they look so grown up, and dress so stylishly. When I turned 18 myself, I looked in the mirror, and didn't think I looked like the 18-year-olds I saw when I was 13. Now that I've turned 21, I still don't think I look all that different from when I was 18. But when I look back further, then finally I see some difference. Things can't possibly remain the same for so many years. Hardly likely. We've been friends for so long (14 years! Our friendship duration never ceases to awe me), but both of us seldom go overseas, so it was a very pleasant surprise to receive a postcard from her when she was in Nepal (even though I only received it after she came back), and to receive a colourful shawl from her today, which I will definitely bring to Japan! We were talking about her sister's upcoming marriage, when we digressed to our own ones in the future. A long time ago, we had already said that we will invite each to the other's wedding. Today, I made an extra request, or rather, demand - that I want to be her bridesmaid. To think that it's quite probable our weddings will be within the next decade, or even half a decade. Sometimes she thinks that she'll be left on the shelf, but I always disagree. I wonder what I'll feel to see one of my best friends walking down the aisle. I can't wait. As yj's nick says, "Friends are forever; Boys are whatever". There is some truth in those words, especially if the term boys loosely refer to puppy love, or relationships of such a kind. Boyfriends never seem to last as long as platonic friends, and even among platonic friends, girl friends tend to last longer. With that said, perhaps I should put more effort into maintaining my friendships, especially with my girls. It also happens that there are occasions when I think guys are the dumbest creatures ever. And they make me so mad, I wonder why I even bother. Eat shit and die! So, yes, girls rock!