About

Ramblings. Rantings. Ravings.

The Lady

22-year-old supergirl

Desires

freedom
courage
patience

Your Say


Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Entertainment

. postsecret
. icanhascheezburger
. xiaxue
. papergirlsshop
. crunchyroll

Recent Entries

> are you here to stay?
> anytime, anywhere
> Raar this is so annoying. I had a great day out. I...
> sleepyhead, wake up!
> I know some people have already embarked on their ...
> hello, this entry is a mess.
> it's my life
> the hwachong farmily
> This morning, I woke up with my belly feeling quit...
> I SURVIVED!

Lost Memories

> April 2007
> May 2007
> June 2007
> July 2007
> August 2007
> September 2007
> October 2007
> November 2007
> December 2007
> January 2008
> February 2008
> March 2008
> April 2008
> May 2008
> June 2008
> July 2008
> August 2008
> September 2008
> October 2008
> November 2008
> December 2008
> January 2009
> February 2009
> March 2009
> April 2009
> May 2009
> June 2009
> July 2009
> August 2009
> September 2009
> October 2009
> December 2009
> February 2010
> April 2010
> June 2010
> September 2010
> October 2010
> November 2010
> December 2010
> January 2011

Thanks To

Designer: blueskyx* LG*
Edit: Adobe Photoshop CS2*
Fonts: Dafont*
Brushes: x
Image: o
Host: Blogger* Photobucket*
Thanks: Blogskins*

just a little something more
Tuesday, 24 July 2007

Oh, and it is most probable that my camera's xD card has died, along with my photos taken day before yesterday. This news put me in a foul mood. I was angry - not with myself, because I seriously don't think I did anything stupid to kill my card, but with the card itself for breathing its last on a damn unfortunate day. If it was about losing photos taken on an orchard shopping day, it would've been ok. But how often do we go to Ubin, and take stunt photos, and foolish photos, and beautiful scenery photos - photos that we really loved, and really treasured? And I had a grand total of 80+ pictures. Gawd. The crushing depression of it all. Silly, isn't it, being angry with the card?

I realised (I probably realised this long ago) that it's all too easy to let myself remain in a funk, giving everyone the black face, and basically indulging myself in a bad mood. Even as my mind tells me it's not fair to the people around you, I can't (or won't) shake it off. Shaking off a bad mood takes a lot of effort. I had to force myself to snap out of it, and to make a conscious effort to smile, and let things slide. Like I'd said before, sometimes pretending makes things real. So in this case, after a while, I started to believe that I was happy, that losing my pictures is not that big a deal to warrant a black face for the rest of the day. With that belief comes acceptance. It takes a while to accept the obvious - that there's nothing I can do about it. The only thing within my capacity to do is to let it go, and brush it off as fate (or lack of fate in uploading the photos, if you see it from another perspective).

Now I've two options. 1) To buy a new xD card. 2) To buy a new camera. At the moment, I'm tending towards option 2, because I'd like a new good plaything, to bring to HK and Japan. I figured that an xD card with decent memory isn't going to be all that cheap. If that's the case, I might as well top up another hundred dollars or two, and buy myself a new camera! Now that I've more or less settled on this, I'm eager to go out and shop for a good (and cheap) camera at Mustafa. Any recommendations about brands/models will be most welcome.

And yes, this happier and moving-on line of thought has put me in a much better mood.

Labels:

- supergirl soul-saved @ 1:19 am :)