It has occurred to me that my male friends come in and out of my life, as though they are merely passing phases, changing seasonally. My female friends have remained the same staple group as from years ago. When I look back, I can practically compartmentalise my life into the different guy phases. Then for no apparent reason, the contact will pitter out, then cease altogether, and the friendship simply fizzles out. It has been a repetitive cycle. The main difference lies in how long each friendship's heyday lasts. It makes me wonder if I'm not going through male friends like I go through my wardrobe. There is hardly any consistency (note: not no consistency), and the regularity of the changes make me think that maybe, somehow, at the end of the day, I'll end up with someone who has always been there, behind the scenes. Someone who usually isn't very forward in asking me out, or in pushing me for something more. I really wonder.
Anything can happen - doesn't life work in the strangest ways?