Now that I'm back from hong kong, it feels as though I've never been away. If it weren't for the suitcase in my room, the goodies I bought, as well as my memories, it wouldn't be hard to believe that I was here all along. Such is the continuity of life.
Both my mom and I find the extent of my 'poverty' of my last day in hong kong funny. And in the words of my brother, "quite pathetic". While we all had a good laugh over how we shopped without a care for food, I think I'm quite lucky in that this poverty was only temporary, and only with regards to this trip. Somehow it made me think of those who struggle to scrap enough for food every day, and they don't even have any spare reserves like I do at home. That life's tough.
If only everyone was this carefree, and this happy, and this oblivious to the world's troubles, every day.
Labels: musings