Survived what, you ask? The ACES physical training! Labels: cheerleading
6 rounds around the track was quite easy for me, kind of no kick, probably because I didn't have to force myself to run as hard as I possibly could to get the best timing, since it was not a competition or NAPFA anyway. I hate the sensation of running till I'm gasping for breath, feeling that my lungs and legs are on fire. Today's run was easy peasy ;p
Then it was... 3 x 10 tuck jumps? That was ok too, we all felt more bouncy post-running. Then 2 x 30 dips. Struggled with that a little because, uh, have weak arms? At least it wasn't done on the parallel bars, I don't think I could've survived that!
The next station... the stairs. When I saw how freaking long the flight of stairs was, my heart sank. When I heard we had to run up that flight 4 times, my heart sank even further. Gawd. I figured that I'd get jelly legs at the end of 4 sets, but as it turned out, I only did 3, because I felt too much like puking after 2. After hanging around inside the toilet relieving myself (I haven't seen my face dripping with sweat in so long!), went back out to do it another time, and got back the puking sensation again. Gross. Each time this happens I deal with it the same way - take deep breaths, try to concentrate on something else, and fool tell myself that no, I do not feel like puking, and generally try not to involve myself in conversation even if people try to talk to me. I hate puking.
Back inside the hall, did 5 x 10 pushups (I was quite dismayed that all of us had to do it the guys' style, although what we were doing was probably far from the ideal), then 5 x 20 sit ups and 2 x 25 back extensions. Strange, the back extensions felt easier today. And I think van and I were rather uncoordinated for sit ups, so it felt like we were rocking around. It is quite hard to do so many sit ups quickly when we were all tired. Raar. And I think what made it more tiring was that there were no breaks at all. So it was basically 50 pushups at one go, then 20 sit ups, then van did 25 back extensions, then we both did 20 sit ups, then I did 25 back extensions... The time when we got to sit on each other's legs for back extensions felt good. Hahaha.
Hmm. Those stretching thingies like butterfly etc were quite easy. As we were doing, I was thinking that even if Alphas may currently be weaker physically, at least we're decently flexible. So that made me feel somewhat pleased, amidst the torture!
Then it was those leg lifts thingy. Gawd, those were tough. How many did we do, 50? I think after the first 30 or so zm took pity on me and pushed with less force. My abs were crying out from resisting the push, then having to clench and lift my legs again to be pushed. At least I didn't slack off on that (although for some other stuff I missed a few here and there cos, uh, was tired and couldn't catch up) - I had to grit my teeth and press on since an ACES member was the one who was 'supervising' me. On top of that, I was the last to do it so everyone was watching me. -.- I think my legs were straight. But I was so tired I may merely have imagined straight legs when they were bent 90 degrees or something, hahaha.
Liberty training. It was cute standing on those crate-like thingies, they seem like something out of a wet market! I was wondering if they picked it up from somewhere, or if those were bought. So we did 3 sets of left and right liberty, holding for 1 min each. It wasn't very easy doing that with jelly legs. I could seriously see my legs trembling as I held the liberty. But it was cute, xw would suddenly tell us to practise our smiles and what not! Smiling comes easy. :)
We hit the gym too! It was small and stuffy, but it had equipment that's not present in our own school gym. I much preferred doing dips in the ntu gym, at least the handles were padded so it didn't hurt the palms like nuts! It was also my first time ever handling bar bells. Never ever touched them before! We didn't have a choice; we had to lift 10kg weights 2 x 10 times. Could lift it about 5 times on own before I started struggling and grimacing. It would've been much easier if we could've used legs, but no one said we could, so we didn't. It didn't help that I had jelly legs. I thought the weights would mainly make my arms (ok, my shoulders/neck, don't know where exactly) ache, but my legs were tired from having to deal with an extra 10kg too! NUA! Then another 5kg for biceps, 2 x 10 times. Those were slightly easier, although for some strange reason my weights would become lop sided, and apparently my left arm was using less strength? o.O
And that marked the end of 2 hours of PT! I was so glad it was over, and glad that we managed to survive it, although I cheated a little bit here and there. But hey, I tried my best. And considering that the ntu members had time to get used to it and increase the intensity gradually, while we went straight in and whacked the full intensity for the first time, it was a commendable effort on our part! I also thought that anyone will get a very toned body if she whacks PT like that a few times a week. No wonder the ACES flyers generally seem to have flat and toned stomachs. I want that! Maybe van/biyi can consider including some stuff in our own PT? But not the stairs. PLEASE, not the stairs! >_<
What a lengthy entry. To add on a little bit, I got lost AGAIN, when I missed the exit and ended up in Tuas. I was damn dismayed, I was thinking "Jurong Island the other time, now Tuas? I'm in the little triangle on the map of Singapore, which is the only place I can identify! (My geography is terrible and I can't read maps for nuts, you see)" I can't stand getting lost, because I'll always feel panicky and that drains my energy and makes me feel funny for a while after that. Grr. On the way home, I was super sotong and I turned into a road meant for traffic moving in the other direction. Thank goodness the car and its occupants are still in one piece!
And that marks the end of my extremely tiring day. My mom thinks that my body will be aching mightily tomorrow. I think so too.