I stayed home today to fulfil my obligations of unpacking my stuff from Japan. Since clothes and space were the major issue, my parents bought me a new wardrobe, and I focused on sorting out the clothes I wanted to keep, or didn't mind discarding.
Behold my out-of-the-room wardrobe
I'd transferred loads of clothes from my existing wardrobe to the one outside, and it sure does look packed, doesn't it?! So I heaved a sigh of relief that I'd cleared lots of space.
Behold my in-the-room wardrobe


To my horror, the centre main wardrobe was still quite, quite full! After FIVE hours of unpacking two boxes and rearranging my wardrobe contents, I just realised something that my mom had known for a long time: I have a lot of clothes and bags! (Actually I have a lot of shoes too, but I've yet to arrange my shoe collection.) But I always wear the same few outfits, carry the same few bags. In fact, when I was hauling out my bags for transferral, I came across many that I'd forgotten I had, so it was a lot of fun! It was almost like Christmas and there were many presents in the cupboard waiting to be discovered, hee. I loved the surprise of discovering "new" bags. There was even this little bag I used to carry to school for trainings on Saturday in primary school, as well as a bag for Founder's Day or something like that during that same period! So nostalgic! Because they have sentimental value they were not relegated to the give-to-karang-guni pile of discarded belongings. :D
So anyway, after my efforts I was utterly dusty, sweaty and exhausted. Wearily I took a look around me:
Other parts of my room

So many other areas screaming for attention. I heaved a huge sigh. Similar to my wardrobe, my drawers and cupboards and shelves are all facing a lack of space. Which means that clearing the surface of my table and bedside drawer is not as easy as sweeping the things into a cupboard or stuffing them onto a shelf. I need to first go through the contents of my cupboards etc (I don't even remember what the heck I have inside them to make them so full!) to throw out stuff before I can put in new stuff!
The only problem-free part of my room

my freshly changed sheets. look at my soft toy/cushion collection! :D
If my wardrobe alone took me five hours, how long do you think tackling the rest of my room is going to take me?
p.s. Don't worry Yoon Jeong, my room will be wonderfully neat when I'm done!!! You will not have to sleep on top of all my knick-knacks!
Labels: pics