I'd known all along that the problem with Alpha is that people don't stay on - they quit after a year of cheerleading, and the team has to start over from a clean slate. Always beginning from square one means that we don't retain any skills, and teaching people from scratch takes time, and in that limited time, it's a little difficult to achieve a high level of competency. I know that very clearly. It has suddenly occurred to me that I have become one of those people who leave. I've just left. Any returns to trainings thereafter will be to help out probably, and not to actively stunt. There probably wouldn't be enough guys to spare anyway, since they'll be taken up with training the newbies. The difference between myself and the others who've left (discounting those who graduated) is that I'll be going overseas. That's probably the main, or the only, difference. If that reason is taken away, what will happen? If I weren't going to Japan, would I still stay, to add on to the number of seniors, instead of always having new batches of juniors? Hell, we usually have next to no seniors in the team! Labels: cheerleading
Being thought of as one of those leavers, well, it's quite a disturbing thought.