About

Ramblings. Rantings. Ravings.

The Lady

22-year-old supergirl

Desires

freedom
courage
patience

Your Say


Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Entertainment

. postsecret
. icanhascheezburger
. xiaxue
. papergirlsshop
. crunchyroll

Recent Entries

> hey darling, say hi to the cammie!
> Tired.Lunch with the girls at Waraku was good, and...
> thwarted
> If you say something, and I snap back, it might ju...
> ... and old is gold
> dear santa
> what completes me?
> I wonder what to make of friends who talk about wh...
> where do we stop?
> you light up my life

Lost Memories

> April 2007
> May 2007
> June 2007
> July 2007
> August 2007
> September 2007
> October 2007
> November 2007
> December 2007
> January 2008
> February 2008
> March 2008
> April 2008
> May 2008
> June 2008
> July 2008
> August 2008
> September 2008
> October 2008
> November 2008
> December 2008
> January 2009
> February 2009
> March 2009
> April 2009
> May 2009
> June 2009
> July 2009
> August 2009
> September 2009
> October 2009
> December 2009
> February 2010
> April 2010
> June 2010
> September 2010
> October 2010
> November 2010
> December 2010
> January 2011

Thanks To

Designer: blueskyx* LG*
Edit: Adobe Photoshop CS2*
Fonts: Dafont*
Brushes: x
Image: o
Host: Blogger* Photobucket*
Thanks: Blogskins*

it ain't the end of the road
Sunday, 5 August 2007

Warning: An extremely picture-heavy post ahead.



up, up and away...

It was a good day - not because it was officially my last training, but because I achieved a new personal best, and I managed to take photos and videos as keepsakes! Since I don't know when will be the next time I hit the track again, I decided to run 2.4km to see whether all that jogging for PT has helped - and it has! Shaved off nearly 30 seconds from my previous personal best of 12:50 to achieve 12:21; I was really pleased! :D

I'd really wanted to take pictures of the various basket tosses - namely back tuck, pike and toe touch - just so I have pictorial evidence of what I can do, but well, technology didn't particularly cooperate, or I looked ugly!


pike, backtuck, toe touch

I love basket tosses! Today's tosses were exceptionally high, and I've to say it felt exceptionally shiok having much more hangtime. Seeing all the guys' arms raised up high waiting to catch me feels good too - because it seems that they all gave their best in blasting me up alllll the way, and not some half-hearted effort. Way to go, guys! From the pictures you can see the height, but uhm, the variations are a bit ugly apart from the back tuck (look, I was so high my ass got cut out of the picture!). I look like a bloody spider doing toe touch! >_<

Tosses aside, I can do some single stunts too!



Cupie, single x, chair, liberty

However, cheerleading's not all about the glitz and glamour. There are some really ugly moments too. And I just happen to be the Queen of Unglam.



Yes, I fall in all directions, in all manners

All these couldn't have been possible without my team mates...

... even if the "team" has dwindled to these paltry few (absent: biyi)


We're so colourful I must put more than 1 photo!




check out our asses

Special thanks goes out to zm who spent so much time and effort to calibrate me. Without you around I probably wouldn't have gotten to the stage of single liberties and cupies (because I'm too heavy for the other guys, wahaha). So thank you for putting up with the weight, with the lack of pushing, and teaching me in spite of these!


Richard gets a special mention too. Thank you so much for the chocolate fondue, I wasn't expecting that, and it was a very pleasant surprise that you kept to your word of treating me to that! ... Even though I didn't manage to do 3 unassisted pull-ups the way you wanted me to. ;p

Before leaving SRC I saw the Engin raggers practising the cheerleading segment of their routine, doing elevator, full ex, and cradle. Even watching newbies doing the basics makes me think "cheerleading is so fun!" It's rather hard to believe that people will let go of something as interesting, different, and exciting as this. Don't get me wrong, this is my last official training, but it doesn't mean I will go poof from the cheerleading circle! Not if I have any say in this matter, anyway.

I love cheerleading!

Labels: ,

- supergirl soul-saved @ 12:02 am :)